Wednesday 2 December 2015

Packing for a week in Grövelsjön

While I'm unfortunately having a cold and not feeling really fit, I'm already preparing for my next trip. 
On Saturday I'm going to leave for a week in northern Dalarna, where I'm going to do some 
cross-country skiing, backcountry skiing and possibly hike up some little peaks. I hope the weather will be bright, so that I can make the maximum out of the six hours of daylight, that there are. 

As I'll go by car, I don't have to be so careful about every item that I can bring. I just pack everything I could need. 

Here's what I'm bringing: 




I also have my x-country skis, of course, but they're in the car - and it rains so much that I just don't want to go out to get them ;)

On my packing list:


  •  Hilleberg Akto tent
  •  Mountain Equipment women's classic 750 sleeping bag
  •  Exped Synmat 7 M
  •  Grivel 12 point crampons
  •  Black Diamond hiking ice axe 
  •  Trangia kitchen with liquid fuel stove
  •  snow shovel 
  •  map and compass
  •  first aid kit
  •  Mora knife
  •  fanny pack with water bottle for x-country skiing 
  •  Exped syn pillow
  •  Black Diamond spot headlamp 
  •  Black Diamond tent light
  •  a lot of warm clothes, thick socks, long underwear, gloves, wool hats
  •  Alpina Alaska backcountry skiing boots 
  •  Salomon Pilot women's skiing boots
  •  Fischer E99 backcountry skis 
  •  candles, stuff to light a fire,... 

I'll still have to pack a ton of food and something to read. There's 18 hours of darkness every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment